We are all aware of the damage caused by prolonged exposure to ultra violet rays ranging from accelerating the aging process, to dulling the skin and in the worst case scenario, lead to skin cancer. So, maybe spending hours outside under direct sunlight is not the wisest idea. Dermatologists everywhere recommend applying sunscreen and SPF protection regardless of the time of day.
If you want to get a tan and enjoy getting a sun kissed and bronzed glow, maybe spending hours at the beach might not be the best way to achieve it contrary to what you may think. You can opt for other means like artificial tanning via tanning salons or tanning lotions. This article will be focusing solely on tanning lotions and their advantages and disadvantages to help you make a better informed decision.
- The biggest upside with tanning lotions is that you do not have to expose yourself to sunlight to achieve your desired tan.
- Convenience is the biggest advantages of sun tan lotions since you are basically able to get your bronzed glow without having to leave your house, spend countless hours under direct sunlight and avoid the risk of a potential sun burn.
- Tanning lotions are relatively inexpensive and come in 3 different categories, namely indoor, outdoor and sunless tan lotions. You will also find them in varying formulas ranging from creams to gels to mousse etc.
- They are relatively inexpensive compared to going to a tanning salon.
- Outdoor tanning lotions require you to sit under the sun and let our skin absorb the UV rays which is dangerous. Hence why is recommended to buy only the best outdoor tanning lotions since they have SPF properties.
- DHA, an important ingredient in tanning lotions can result in itching and painful rashes. So, it is recommended to consult a dermatologist first and to do a patch test before applying it all over.